There is lots of useful help and advice regarding the school curriculum here but please contact the school office on 01603720 402 or email@example.com if you have any enquires regarding the school’s curriculum.
The curriculum satisfies the following requirements if it is a balanced and broadly based curriculum which;
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society, and
- prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life.
Salhouse School Primary Curriculum & Information
- Autumn 2019 Curriculum Plan
- Spring 2019 Curriculum Plan
- Neatishead and Salhouse Federation - Autumn 2/2018
- Overview of the Primary Curriculum Years 1-6
- The new national curriculum in English Primary schools - A guide for parents
- KS1 Calculation Strategies
- KS2 Calculation Strategies
- Our Phonics and reading schemes in KS1
- Spelling and Grammar
- RE Long Term Plan
- Autumn 2018 Curriculum Plan
- Salhouse C of E Primary School Long term Plan 2018 2019
- Spring 2019 curriculum plan
- Summer Circles curriculum plan 2019
- Long-Term Plan 2017-2018
- Information for parents: 2018 national curriculum tests at the end of key stages 1 and 2
- National curriculum tests (SATs) information videos
Members of staff are observing the children through play based activities both child and adult led in both Coots and Fledglings. The children's development is monitored using the Early Year Foundation Stage Framework which covers birth to the age of 5.
There are seven areas, these are:
When a child starts with us we create a learning journey to show their development and progression either using an online system called Tapestry. The aim is that when a child reaches the end of reception that they will have met the Early Learning Goals.
To achieve a 'Good Level of Development' (GLD) by the end of Year R children must reach the Early Learning Goals in all three prime areas and in Literacy and Mathematics.
Structure of the National Curriculum
|Key stage 1||Key stage 2||Key stage 3||Key stage 4|
|Art and design||✓||✓||✓|
|Design and technology||✓||✓||✓|
|Modern Foreign Languages||✓||✓|