There is lots of useful help and advice regarding the school curriculum here but please contact Rachael Constantine in the school office on 01603720 402 or email@example.com if you have any enquires regarding the school’s curriculum.
The curriculum satisfies the following requirements if it is a balanced and broadly based curriculum which;
- promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society, and
- prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life
Salhouse School Primary Curriculum & Information
- School Curriculum 2014 – 2015
- School Curriculum 2015 – 2016
- School Curriculum 2016 – 2017
- RE long Term Plan
- KS1 Calculation Strategies
- KS2 Calculation Strategies
- Our Phonics and reading schemes in KS1
- Salhouse Grammar Statement
- The new national curriculum in English Primary schools - A guide for parents
- Overview of the Primary Curriculum Years 1-6
Members of staff are observing the children through play based activities both child and adult led in both Coots and Fledglings. The children's development is monitored using the Early Year Foundation Stage which covers from birth to the age of 5.
There are seven areas, these are:
When a child starts with us we create a learning journey to show their development and progression either using a paper based folder or using an online system called Tapestry. The aim is that when a child reaches the end of reception that they will have met the Early Learning Goals.
Structure of the National Curriculum
|Key stage 1||Key stage 2||Key stage 3||Key stage 4|
|Art and design||✓||✓||✓|
|Design and technology||✓||✓||✓|
Salhouse School Curriculum
- Foundation subjects
- Art and design
- Design and technology
- Physical education
Our School… Is a happy and safe community where everyone shares a love of learning.
Our Christian Values of… Respect, responsibility, courage, trust, perseverance and compassion are at its heart.