Joining Our School

Admission at Salhouse Primary School

There is lots of useful help and advice regarding admissions at but please contact the school office on 01603 720402 or if you have any enquires regarding admissions to the school.

Admission to reception classes for September 2022

See below some information from the Norfolk County Council Website. More information can be found here.

The admission to reception classes round for September 2022 is for places in reception classes and is for children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 (aged 4+ on 1 September 2021). By law, children must start statutory education full-time at the beginning of the term following their 5th birthday. All parents of children born between 1 September 2017 and 31 August 2018 must be offered a full time place from September 2022. Parents are entitled to defer their admission or request that their child attend on a part-time basis, however the child must start school on a full time basis during the academic year 2021/22 and no later than the beginning of the term after their 5th birthday.

Apply for a school place online at

Moving schools (in-year transfer)

A move to a different school at any time other than admission to reception, transfer to junior or transfer to secondary is known as an ‘in-year transfer’. This could be a move between Norfolk schools or a move to a Norfolk school from a school in a different area.

If you want to transfer to a school that is not in Norfolk you will need to contact your new local authority to ask about their admissions process. Find your new local authority using the Government’s postcode finder.

Under no circumstances should you withdraw your child from their current school before an alternative school place has been allocated.

Concerns over your child’s current school

If you are concerned about any aspect of your child’s schooling you should raise the issue with the class teacher (primary school) or head of year/member of the pastoral care team (secondary school).

If the matter remains unresolved, you should then approach the headteacher who may wish to discuss your reasons for requesting a transfer of school and be given the opportunity to put matters right.

You can apply online at

Designed, produced, hosted & maintained by Creative Corner
HomeLog inDashboardValid HTML